Thursday, January 6, 2011

From far, far away on Illinois plains...

I'll have you all know that I took Brendan to Sonic because he didn't cry at the dentist today, and I only had a DIET DR PEPPER WITH EXTRA ICE. And then came home and had a delicious bowl of Pumpkin Black Bean Soup (linked cause I know you'll all want the recipe - only 150 calories per cup! I did cut the butter in half and it still turned out delish!).

As for plans - I'm on Weight Watchers, and have been since April. I've lost 18 lbs but have been on a plateau for MONTHS. Everytime it looks like I'm finally going to break it, something happens - a vacation, a holiday, SOMETHING - that throws me off my game and I stay stuck. I need you guys to keep me focused! They just did a major rehaul of the plan in the last month, so I'm having to really pay attention to what I'm doing, instead of thinking I know it all (though knowing it all never did make me all that successful at weight loss - maybe all my weight is in my brain). My exercise regime may have to change, as I think I may have just developed shin splints, but I am signed up to do a half marathon in two weeks and plan to run another in April (possibly the Salt Lake Half Marathon, since I'm supposed to be out there at some point in April for Lani's senior recital.) So I'll be running 4 days a week and weight lifting 2. All that may change if my shin continues to be a problem, but I have consulted a friend who considers herself and expert and bought a new pair of shoes.

My WW weigh in is tomorrow. Hoping to see some good results!

Love you all, even if there is less of you to love!

4 comments:

  1. Good job Kim! Although, let's be fair, the diet Dr Pepper with crunchy ice is the best thing at sonic anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM, Kim! I just checked out that soup recipe and it sounds amazing!!! Can't wait to try it!!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Lani. They have a limited time Red Velvet Cheesecake Blast that I suspect is better than the Diet Dr. Pepper. And the Cherry Limeade Chiller is pretty awesome. And I can always go for an orange or lime creamslush. Time to stop thinking about this.....

    Cami - Let me know if you like it! Finding good foods to eat is half the battle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Kim!!!!!! You rock girl! I am so amazed by the words "marathon", "run".....they boggle my mind. I just want to be able to go get the mail without huffing.
    Janica and Nolan are starting to scare me a little. And Chris had lost 12 pounds in only a couple of days. How did he do that?????
    I am so proud of all of us. Keep it up guys....

    ReplyDelete