Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hi Everyone!

Nay, thanks for your post yesterday. I've been wanting to post, about this and put in my two cents.

Since most of you know I've had my up's and down's with weight, I've found that having a specific plan is the only way to achieve your weight loss goals. And when I say "goals" a good example would be, "I want to loose 30 pounds in three months." Not, "I want to be skinny in three months." Listing something specific and verifiable is very important.

As far as a plan goes, you need to be as detailed as you can. Specific dates, times, and actions are good. This is my plan:

  • Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday I will be doing weight training at 5:30 am. I will alternate between my upper body and lower body.
  • Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday I will do at least 30 minutes of cardio which will be a mix between running and biking. Saturday will be my 'long' distance day
  • I will eat between 5-6 small meals a day with a balanced carb to protein ratio.
  • I will drink between 80-100 oz. of water/day
  • I will try my BEST to get 7 hours of sleep
  • I will have one 'free day' a week (Sunday) and it will not be a license to binge, but to have a piece of this or one of that.
  • I will only weigh myself once per week (Friday)
  • I will record what I eat on livestrong.com every day 
  • I will post on the blog at least 2 times/week 
  • I will communicate with fellow contestants at least twice/week of how things are going for me and see how things are going for them.
So there you have it. That is my plan. I find that the more specific you are, the more likely you are to achieve your goals. And if you're too vague with your plan, like "eating more healthy" or "exercising more than I used to" that just doesn't cut it.

Let's hear some more plans!!!

Good luck and keep up the good fight!!

4 comments:

  1. atta girl cami! I love your girls. I'm impressed you are working otu every day.
    I for some reason can't make a post. I have my google account but it is not showing "New post" in the top right hand corner.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! I love hearing your tips and tricks, it's amazing the results you have had, not to mention inspiring! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the communiation aspect - when I lost 50 lbs after I had Dani, I was very active on some weight loss boards. I think the frequent feedback and people to share my excitement over the little successes were a major contributor to my success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cami kinda lost me on the part where she said she ould exercise at FIVE THIRTY in the morning???? Cami was that a typo? Oooohhhhhhh no....I am never going to keep up with you guys.......
    Ok well my plan is divided into sections kinda. The first ten days I want to simply eat healthier. I have been significanty upping my protein intake and greatly reducing carbs since carbs is mostly what i live on. It works immediately. Twice I have not taken my diabetes medicie because my sugar was perfect two hours after a meal. After ten days of reconfiguring my eating then I am starting to exercise back at the gym. I have a really bad cold right now and cant breathe, so I havent even stopped by the gym to see if it remembers me. I wisdh there was a steam room in there to unplug my nose! But I am at four pounds.

    ReplyDelete