Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Can anyone catch Bob, Mary and Chris?

Tally ho Chubbies...how is everyone doing? I have been so good I dont even recognize myself.
I have lost 14 pounds as of this morning. I started at 216.2 and today was 202. I am quite hopeful it will be 34 pounds by tomorrow morning. :)

Those of you in it for the money need to know that Mary, Bob and Chris are flying. And I dont know about Chris, but Bob is even actually eating normal food and cake and ice cream! What is up with that? All three of these guys are the ones to watch. Marilee joined the gym and has already lost about 15 pounds just on eating alone. Better run when she hits that ol treadmill. She can actually run on it. She swears by her chicken tenders topped with bruschetta sauce (Costco or Sams $6.00) and a thin slice of cheese. Havent tried it yet because I gave up dairy products for the first three weeks, but it sounds divine.

I have a favorite meal idea to share. I LOVE tacos...likeMom used to make...fried corn tortillas with straight unseasoned hamburger, and olives, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. Obviously the fried tortilla is the worst part. So I take a large romaine lettuce leaf and put a spoonful of the super lean cooked hamburger on it, and the other items (minus the cheese and olives for this first three weeks), and it tastes much like my beloved tacos with a fraction of the calories. A friend suggested that I get baked tortilla chips and crush a few of these inside as well to give it the crunch and corn taste. Lettuce leaves also make wonderful wraps to hold the inside stuff of a sandwich. Just use it in place of the bread.

I also bought on Amazon, a bottle of chocolate raspberry flavor drops. I put ten in a glass of hot water and heated it. It is my "cocoa." Zero calories and zero sugar which is something I am watching closely. Trying to find more interesting ways of consuming more liquids. It would taste even better in a glass of diet cocoa, but that has anartificial sweetner that still raises my blood sugar.

An interesting and exciting sidelight to all this. I have been dieting for 15 days now, and there have only been two days that I took my diabetic meds. And then it was partial doeses. All the other days I have not needed it. I have started a chart to record my sugar levels three times a day to give to my doctor. Obviously I cant eat like I am now forever, but it certainly reaffirms the correlation between lifestyle habits and diabetes.

Good luck to you all. I love to hear your progress.

2 comments:

  1. I love Grandma-style tacos, too, but haven't had them in years because they just aren't any fun if the tortillas aren't fried! But here is a trick I learned from my friend in the Spanish branch in our stake - spray a griddle or frying pan with pam and then heat the tortilla on both sides - kinda spin it occasionally as its heating. Its gets it just the littlest bit crispy and is almost as good as frying it in all that grease!

    ReplyDelete