Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I'm still here!

I have been MIA for a few days, but I have not been slacking off! I wasn't able to run my half marathon last weekend - but get this! NOT becuase of my running injury - because of a flat tire on the way to Wisconsin the night before! Is that ridiculous or what? At any rate, now I am resting and healing my running muscles and focusing on cycling and weight lifting for a week or two. I have found a half marathon in April I plan to do.

I have also spent the last week or so reevaluating my diet. I have decided the Weight Watchers thing - which has been my go-to diet for the last 10 years and not entirely successful except for the one time after I had Dani - is not working for me. I just cannot break this &*#$ plateau! So I researched diet plans and decided to go with something totally different from any diet I've done before. I started Atkins this week. No sugar and no carbs, except for veggies. The no-sugar is what is good for me -- on my very first day, I had a showdown with a brownie frosted with chocolate-chip cookie dough. Man, it was rough! But I found that "just say no" was a better strategy for me than my old Weight Watchers "I can have this if I account for the points and adjust the rest of my eating for the day" because inevitably, just a half of a brownie turns into 3 or 4 brownies! So, I'm sticking with this for the time being. I hear that after two weeks off sugar, the cravings go away. I sure hope so, because I spent about 2 hours fantasizing about Cadbury Creme Eggs today!

1 comment:

  1. Yep no sugar is what I am doing too. And no carbs other than the small amounts in fruit and veggies. No white starches which I must say I truly miss. I am about over my cravings although I know I would enjoy a Dove bar..... :) some things will never ever change...
    I went out to dinner with the fam for Grnadpa's b day and I did very well during dinner. But when i got home I ate the two dinner rolls I had brought home for Fale. Then the next night I ate a whole package of graham crackers. Then the third night I had something else illegal...cant remember what it was. It is SO NOT WORTH IT. PEOPLE IF YOU ARE LISTENING DO NOT CHEAT. It has taken me this entire week to get back to where I was last Sat. Grrrr. It is so annoying. The thing I dont get is that even if I have something that is illegal under my current plan, it is still waaaaayyyyyyy less food and calories than I used to eat, so why dont I still lose weight? I've tried Bob's thing....he has SO much self discipline he can go out to eat and get right back on track. I have trouble with that. I have to be more black and white.

    ReplyDelete